(Giving had actually been down toward the end of the year, however, there was some generous giving that took place during the last weeks of 2020.)
In the past I have written, in detail, about how our church handles its finances and about how we give away money for the purposes of missions and mercy. Here are three previous explanations:
- How Good News Church Handles Its Finances
- An Update On Helping The Poor
- What About Supporting Missions
- Share the Love Ocala
- Interfaith Emergency Services
- Compassion International
- Barnabas Aid
- Child Evangelism Fellowship of Marion County
- Wear Gloves
- Tampa Muslim Outreach
- Unlimited Discipleship
- Acts 29 Church Planting Network
- Women's Pregnancy Center
- Helping Hands Foundation
- Only a Servant Ministries
If you are wondering why I would report these things, I suppose I should let you know:
- I think it's nice for you (if you're a contributor) to know where some of your money goes.
- This is a great thing worth celebrating!
- I believe these reports help call attention to what we value. Once you know the number we gave away, you can realize that we could have improved our building, purchased cool equipment or hired more employees to make life easier on us. But we didn't, because we value: kids in foster care, homeless people, children in third-world countries, Muslims, church planting, unwed mothers, persecuted Christians, etc.